HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR JEWELRY
Breastmilk jewelry and other DNA keepsakes are very unique and special, and you will want to keep them with you as long as possible. Needless to say, they are very delicate and special to us. As special as they are, taking care of your jewelry isn’t a tall order. There are a few simple guidelines to keep in mind.
Most metals can or will tarnish over time but it can be cleaned with a polishing cloth to revive them back to life. This includes gold, sterling silver, copper, and stainless steel. Plated metals (silver/gold/rose gold) and gold filled jewelry can or will also tarnish over time.
You can extend your jewelry’s life by doing the following:
- Do not wear around water or condensation. Dot not swim, bathe, shower, be in a sauna, or exercise in your jewelry. This is very important not just for the metals but also because DNA is organic material and can mold with overexposure to water.
- Keep your jewelry away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Store in a cool, dark place like a jewelry box. It’s best to keep in an air-tight jewelry plastic bag.
- Do not use jewelry cleaners. If you need to clean your jewelry, please use cool water and mild soap.
- Do not apply topical products on it such as lotions, creams, powder, essential oils, household cleaning products, etc.
- Take off when doing heavy chores, cleaning, gardening, or at the beach where small particles can get stuck in small crevices of your jewelry.
- Keep children and animals away from your jewelry where they can pull and tug.
You can wear your jewelry daily keeping in mind these guidelines, but it’s best to wear your jewelry only on special occasions.